for 8-day residency in Germany mentored by Piotr Socha (PL)
„My Heritage – Gloomy and Cheerful“
Terms for your application:
- Upload two unpublished illustrations, single pictures or series on our topic (max. file size: 1 MB)
- Fill out the application form in english language, agree to our data-compliancy, publishing and copyrights authentication as stated in the application form.
- Agree to our terms that you are minimum 18 years old, holder of an international passport and have basic english skill (B1 or better) and the vote of the jury
- Eight creative days with renowned artist Piotr Socha (PL) in Müncheberg, close to Berlin.
- Excursion curated for illustrators to Berlin.
- Participation in workshops, exhibition, festival-events and graphic-market.
- Cover for cost of travel, accommodation and Visa to Germany.
- 250€ for expenses on material – or whatever
- Additional visit to one of our events in Lviv (Ukraine) or Tbilisi (Georgia)
The International Picturebook Festival was founded in 2013 in Müncheberg, close to german-polish border. Since then every autumn illustrators of books for children and youth Germany and Poland as well as Lithuania, Czech Republic, Russia, Ukraine and Georgia gather for one week with a common theme to present their works and craft to different audiences and to each other. The programme is directed by Sarah Wildeisen, Barbara Anna Bernsmeier and Oliver Spatz.
The festival will for the second time host an international residency for illustrators, called the Comic-Continent. The theme of this residency is „My Heritage – Gloomy and Cheerful“ and it will be mentored by the renowned illustrator N.N. Poland. The residency will take place November 11th to November 18th. The artists participating at the residency will be chosen in an anonymized process by a jury formed by Gallery of Contemporary Art "Ў" (Belarus), Book Art Center Tbilisi (Georgia), Samokat Publishing House (Russia), Publishing House "Old Lion" (Ukraine) and the International Picturebookfestival. The program will finish with exhibitions, presentations of the results the residency and networking events in Lviv and Tbilisi until the end of 2018.
YOU ARE WELCOME TO APPLY UNTIL SEPTEMBER 20th 2018, 12PM.
If you have questions, you can contact the following representatives of the program:
Belarus – Anna Chistoserdova: email@example.com
Germany – Barbara Anna Bernsmeier: firstname.lastname@example.org
Georgia – Natalia Lomouri: email@example.com
Russia – Mikhail Skotnikov: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ukraine – Olha Kruk: email@example.com