Writers' House, together with Ministry of Culture and Sport of Georgia announces the contest for Litera Award in 6 nominations:
- Best Prose collections of the year
- Best novel of the year
- Best poetry collection of the year
- Best documentary prose of the year
- Best book cover degins of the year
- Best debut of the year
The winner of each nomination will receive monetary prize of Gel 5 000.
Original literary works published as books in Georgian in 2018 are eligible for contest; The book for contest must be the first edition. ONly the publisher can present a book for contest. The number of presented books for each nomination is not limited. A special 5 member jury ed by Writers' House assesses the contest results. The winner will be revealed through secret ballot. The jury reserves the right to split the award in one or two nominations as an exception, in this case the monetary prize will also be divided.
The deadline for submissions is March 29th, 2019.
The jury will present the shortlist of contestants in the beginning of June. The winners will be announced on June25/27
The publishers must present the following materials to Writers' House (13 Machabeli St):
- Application including contact information addressed to Natali Lomouri, the director of Wrietrs' House. You can see the application form in link.
- Books for contest (3 copies)
Incase you have further questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Tel: +99532 297 41 01; 297 41 02