The 10th Literary Forum-Dialogue organized by Writers’ House of Georgia will be held during June 30-July 3, 2020. A number of foreign publishers, editors and literary agents will participate in an annual program.
Writers’ House of Georgia responds to the challenges posed by the COVID_19 situation and for the first time the Literary Forum-Dialogue 2020 will be conducted online.
The main goal of the Forum-Dialogue is to promote Georgian Literature abroad, facilitate literary translation process and through these measures assist the development of the publishing sector in Georgia.
In 2011-2019 the event has already hosted more than 140 foreign representatives of the international book sector worldwide.
To increase the attention of the international book sector on the Georgian Literature several diverse activities are planned within the Forum-Dialogue framework:
- Introducing the Georgian Publishing Sector and networking of Georgian and foreign publishers for future cooperation purposes;
- Presenting the Writers' House Strategy and State Subsidies Programs;
- Introducing Georgian authors;
- The achievements, perspectives and challenges of Georgian Literature abroad – review by foreign publishers and experts;
- Familiarizing the Children’s Literature in Georgia with the participation of Georgian illustrators and foreign curators;
- Overview about the centuries-old cultural heritage of Georgia;
- Literary-culinary master-classes, etc.
The project is being implemented by the support of Ministry of Education, Sciences, Culture and Sport of Georgia and in partnership with the Frankfurter Buchmesse.
The registration form for international publishers wishing to participate in the Literary Forum-Dialogue 2020 is available on the Writers' House of Georgia’s website: http://writershouse.ge/eng/new/1482/