June 30 to July 3, 2020, the 10th Annual Literary Forum-Dialogue will be organized by the Writers' House with the participation of foreign publishers and literary agents.
Due to the spread of the new Coronavirus disease, the Writers’ House is responding to modern challenges, and the forum will be held online for the first time this year.
The main goal of the literary forum-dialogue is to popularize Georgian literature abroad, to promote its translation processes and in this way develop the field of Georgian publishing. In 2011-2019, the forum hosted more than 140 foreign representatives of various countries.
In order to draw the attention of the international publishing sector to Georgian literature, the Writers' House has developed a number of activities within the frames of the forum, including the following:
- Presenting the Georgian publishing sector and connecting Georgian and foreign publishers for future cooperation;
- Presenting the strategy of Writers' House and State Subsidies Program;
- Introducing Georgian authors;
- Review of the achievements, perspectives and challenges of Georgian literature abroad by foreign publishers and experts;
- Introducing children's literature with the involvement of Georgian illustrators, authors and foreign curators;
- Introducing ancient Georgian cultural heritage;
- Literary-culinary master class, etc.
You can see the full program of the Literary Forum-Dialogue here.
The project is implemented with the support of the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport of Georgia and the active support of the Frankfurt Book Fair.