November 1 to December 5, 2020, the Writers' House announces a residency program for modern authors and translators of foreign literature into Georgian. The ed candidates under the two-week program will live and work at the Writers' House residence in Tbilisi.
Authors and / or translators working on the creation or translation of a literary text are eligible to participate in the residency program. The genre is not limited.
Applications will be ed by the Writers' House and its Supervisory Board based on the terms and conditions of the contest.
A necessary condition for the program participants is: an agreement with the Georgian publishing house regarding the publication of the text / translation.
6 applicants will be ed based on the contest. The Writers' House provides financial support for:
- Accomodation at the writers' residence;
- Scholarship (1000 GEL will be awarded to each participant after the end of the program).
Please note that the residency program is monitored by the Writers House. Upon completion of the program, the participants will submit a report to the Writers House.
After the program, a concluding evening will be held at the Writers House.
-Brief biography / CV
- Agreement signed with the Georgian publishing house regarding the publication of the work
- a five page excerpt the literary text ed by the author (30 lines of 60 characters, double-spaced, line numbers in the margin)
-Brief biography / CV
- Agreement with the Georgian publishing house regarding the publication of the translation
- A 5 page translation of the text ed by the translator (30 lines of 60 characters, double-spaced, line numbers in the margin)
-The corresponding original of the text excerpt ed for translation.
Candidates must send the electronic application form and the required documents to the following e-mail address: email@example.com. Please provide the required documents as separate documents (.doc, .docx or .pdf format). Name all the documents, indicate in the title "Residency Program".
The deadline for applications is October 15, 2020.
The results of the contest will be notified to you by e-mail no later than October 30, 2020.