According to the statute of the Literary Award Litera, the books for contest will be evaluated by a five-member jury.
This year, for the first time, out of 5 jury members, 4 were ed by the Writers’ House and the fifth member was presented by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Youth Affairs of Georgia, pursuant to Paragraph 4, Article 5 of the appendix of the decree N00007864 by the Minister of Culture, Sports and Youth Affairs of Georgia “On the conditions and rules of funding for cultural events / projects to be implemented by the Ministry of Culture”.
Additionally, for the first time, according to the new statute of the Writers’ House awards, the identities of the jury members are public and the composition of the jury of this year’s literary award Litera is the following:
- Bella Tsipuria – literary scholar
- Rezo Tabukashvili - writer
- Lela Kodalashvili - writer, critic
- Oktay Kazumov – literary scholar, translator
- Ioseb Chumburidze – publicist
For design nomination, the jury will be consulted by an illustrator, Giorgi Jincharadze.
We would like to inform you that considering the wish of authors, the following books were removed the contest:
- Toresa Mosi - „Double Flag Game”; Intelekti Publishing, (nomination – best Novel of the Year);
- Mate Saralishvili - „The Forgotten”; Sulakauri Publishing (nomination – Best Debut of the Year);
- Natalia Avaliani - „The Beginner” / „Labyrinth for Manuel”; Palitra L Publishing (nomination – Best Book Cover of the Year).