Writers' House in cooperation with publishing house "Diogene" has initiated a special award for poetry translation. The competition was announced on October 4, 2016.
The prize has been organized with the financial support of Ministry of Culture and Monument Protection of Georgia. It will be organized annualy and will be awarded in two nominations - translation of a poetry book and translation of poetry published in monthly literary magazines.
Because of the scarcity of etrees in poetry books, the jury was not able to identify a short list for this nomination. As for the nomination of translation of poetry published in monthly literary magaines, following short list was announced:
1. Iosif Brodsky translated by Batu Danelia
2. Violet Grigoryan translated by Diana Anthimiadou and Asja Darbinian
3. Christine Lavant translated by Maia Liparteliani
4. Sheron Olds translated by Dalila Gogia
5. Sergei Zhadan translated by Zviad Ratiani