The winnes of Vakhushti Kotetishvili award have been revealed.
The nomination of poetry collection issued as a book was won by poetry collection - "The peaks of Roman Lyrics", translated by Manana
Gharibashvili, publisher "Logos".
The nomination of poetry published in literary periodical was won by Rober Haas's rhymes, translated by Zviad Ratiani and published in paper "Arili".
Five translations were shortlisted in the nomination of publications:
1. William Blake - translation English by Khatia Gagnidze (Akhali Saunje)
2. Sergio Badilla Castillo - translated Spanish by Soso Meshveliani (Akhali Saunje)
3. Cezare Pavese - translated Italian by Khatuna Tskhadadze (Arili)
4. Rober Haas - translated English by Zviad Ratiani (Arili)
5. Anisur Rahman - translated English by Manana Matiashvili (Akhali Saunje).
Due to the number of received books for the nomination - translation issued as a book, the shortlist could not be elaborated.
Poetry translations issued as a book/electronic book, as well as poetry translation publications issued in literary periodicals in 2016 were reviewed for competition. The amount of award in book nomination is Gel 1800, and in publication - Gel 700.
Writers' House has been holding this competition together with publishing house "Diogene" since 2016. The project is funded by the Ministry of Culture and Sport of Georgia.